Labor & Employment
Today’s diverse, mobile workforce is creating unprecedented challenges and opportunities for business leaders around the world.
ALFA International’s global network of law firms and attorneys provides knowledgeable, effective labor and employment counsel, locally and internationally.
Enhanced and ever changing technology, more international cooperation, and a mobile workforce have combined to create a global marketplace. But these new opportunities also bring companies new challenges—particularly when it comes to human resources.
With lawyers in member law firms across the globe, ALFA International’s Labor and Employment Practice Group has cultivated a varied and diverse blend of experience and local knowledge to help your company almost everywhere it does business. Our lawyers provide highly skilled, cost-effective, and coordinated legal services to businesses with multistate and multinational workforces.
Our attorneys can assist your business at every step in the employee-employer relationship, including:
- Developing proactive labor and employment practices and policies
- Negotiating agreements with organized labor and employee groups
- Ensuring compliance with established and emerging labor and employment laws
- Representing employers before administrative and regulatory agencies
While many of our attorneys have a strong background in litigation, they are also equally skilled at alternative dispute resolution methods, including mediation, arbitration, and other creative pre-litigation resolutions.
Areas of Focus
- Labor negotiations, collective bargaining, and union organizing
- Hiring, discipline, and terminations
- Compensation and benefits
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Employment contracts
- Non-competes, trade secrets, and non-disclosure agreements
- Wage and hour
- ERISA and pensions
- Privacy, social media, and other workplace policies
Client Advisory Board (CAB)
The ALFA International Labor & Employment Practice Group is grateful to have the the following clients contribute to our on-going success by participating in our Client Advisory Board:
- Rob Bertram, Chief Legal Officer, The Cava Group, Inc.
- Sarah Johnson, Director of Employment Counsel, Nordstrom Inc.
- Jennifer Lankford, Senior Corporate Counsel, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
- Cherise Latortue, Associate General Counsel, Flynn Restaurant Group
- Kim Metrick, Vice President, Employment Law, Legal Operations and Investigations, Walgreen Co.
- Jane M. Stahl, General Counsel, Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
Joel R. Hlavaty
Tamara K. Nelson