When doing business overseas or across borders, there is no substitute for local, experienced legal counsel.
ALFA International’s global legal network provides your business with effective, real-world legal guidance and access to a network of resources around the world.
Globalization continues at an ever-increasing pace. Small businesses, middle-market companies and multinational corporations alike must respond to the opportunities and challenges created by international trade agreements, burgeoning consumer markets, shifting manufacturing capabilities, mobile and diverse workforces and a vast array of local, national, and international regulations.
Given the challenges of doing business overseas, extensive legal experience and in-depth knowledge of international law are minimum requirements. Your company also needs legal counselors who provide timely information, deliver highly coordinated services and understand the full impact of emerging international business and regulatory trends.
ALFA International firms serve our clients through coordinated global efforts, working as foreign arms of an integrated network with respect to response times, best practices and unified administrative requirements. Our member firms are local practices; our attorneys are respected leaders of their business and legal communities. Together, we provide effective and comprehensive legal guidance in virtually every area of business law.
Areas of Focus
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Joint ventures and alliances
- Labor and employment
- Immigration and visas
- Incorporations and registrations/permits
- Intellectual property registrations and technology transfers
- Franchising, licensing and distribution agreements
- Foreign investment regulation
- Export and import regulations and agreements
- Bilateral and multinational trade agreements and treaties
- Anti-money laundering and foreign corrupt practices legislation
- Competition and consumer law
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Tax and tax planning
- Customs, tariffs and duties