Estate Planning & Wealth Transfer
From drafting simple wills to administering complex estates, from working with individuals to counseling closely-held businesses, the Estate Planning & Wealth Transfer attorneys of ALFA International can help ensure your legacy and secure your financial future.
Like people and fingerprints, no two estate plans are alike. Crafting an estate plan requires an attorney to have a thorough knowledge of the contents of your estate and your wishes and priorities. Once your lawyer has a complete picture, they can recommend an estate-planning strategy that works within your state’s legal framework, ensures your bequests are effectuated, and minimizes federal and state estate and inheritance taxes.
ALFA International Estate Planning & Wealth Transfer lawyers can guide you through all aspects of estate and tax planning, as well as trust administration, succession planning, and estate administration. Our national network of member firms provides coverage in all jurisdictions, essential to counseling in this state-specific area of law.
Areas of Focus
- Probate and estate administration
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Life insurance planning
- Retirement planning
- Charitable giving
- Estate planning documents, including last wills and testaments, powers of attorney, and advance directives
- Revocable trusts, generation-skipping trusts, inter vivo trusts, and testamentary trusts
- Family-owned and closely-held businesses
- Inheritance tax litigation
- Post-mortem tax planning
- Will contests