Litigation and dispute resolution are an important part of every company’s commercial life.
Preparation, and deployment in an optimal manner, can make litigation a highly useful tool to advance a business’s goals and protect its tangible and intangible assets. When forced to defend against claims, prompt analysis and action are critical.
Business disputes can arise from any quarter, at any time, regardless of a company’s size, industry, or geographic distribution. Suppliers, customers, and partners may become adversaries. Competitors may seek to gain advantage through means beyond the normal marketplace. Your company may conclude that the best option to achieve its goals involves litigation.
The attorneys of ALFA International’s Business Litigation Practice Group understand that effective dispute resolution includes forward-thinking, active guidance; creative use of litigation strategies that will advance a company’s goals; and timely, intelligent responses to emerging business risks and threats. While legal disputes risk affecting a company’s focus, ALFA International’s worldwide network of experienced business litigators can help resolve commercial disputes effectively and efficiently, virtually everywhere you do business, with local expertise. Our member attorneys help clients develop business processes, audit methods, and documentation designed to minimize risks and improve competitive advantage. When disputes arise, Members work with clients (and, as appropriate, other practice areas) to develop effective solutions matching business objectives with legal strategies.
In addition to our regular cutting edge seminars, the Business Litigation Practice Group offers regular webinars, calls regarding “Hot Topics,” and other services to our clients. The Group includes specialized subcommittees to provide programming and substantive communications on areas of interest to our clients.
- Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Financial Services
- Business to business disputes
Areas of Focus
- Alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration
- Antitrust and trade regulation
- Business torts
- Class action litigation
- Complex contract litigation
- Lender liability and banking litigation
- Unfair trade practices litigation
- Real estate litigation
- International business disputes
Client Advisory Board (CAB)
The ALFA International Business Litigation Practice Group is grateful to have the following clients contribute to our on-going success by participating in our Client Advisory Board:
- Scott Barrett, General Counsel, Critical Process Systems Group, Inc.
- Stacey Constas, In Transition
- Heather Demyan, Associate General Counsel, Clayton Homes, Inc.
- Erik Lindseth, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Life Time Fitness, Inc.
- Justin McCarthy, General Counsel, Hoya Vision Care
- Kevin Reid, Vice President, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary, Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.
- Mark Rowe, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Techtronic Industries Power Equipment
- Ako Shimada, Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Ushio America, Inc.
- Fletcher Thomson, Vice President and General Counsel, Textron eAviation Inc.
VICE CHAIR/MARKETING CHAIR