Product Liability & Complex Torts
Product liability and complex tort claims strike at the heart of business and can pose significant threats to a company’s well-earned brand.
ALFA International’s global legal network will work quickly and effectively to prevent potential litigation and minimize damages, or litigate the case based on your goals using trial-proven attorneys.
With law firms across the United States and around the world, our attorneys will consult with you during the product development and marketing planning process to avert potential compliance, regulatory, and other such issues; work with you to facilitate product recalls in multiple countries; defend your company in tort, class action, and multi-jurisdiction litigation; and coordinate communication with regulatory authorities and the media around the globe.
Our attorneys represent companies at every point in the distribution chain. We also have worldwide experience in a range of industries from automobiles to consumer products. In addition, many of the practice group members belong to niche working groups that focus on food, dietary supplements, pharmacy compounding, drugs, devices, cosmetics, as well as industrial equipment and materials, chemicals, storage tanks, breast implants, and building products. We regularly assist clients in their dealings with the CPSC, the FDA, the USDA, and other state and federal agencies.
Areas of Focus
- General business counseling
- Mediation and arbitration
- Lobbying and legislation
- Product recalls and hearings
- Regulatory and licensing
- Warnings and labels
- Standards setting
- Public relations and media management
- Trade associations
Client Advisory Board (CAB)
The ALFA International Product Liability & Complex Torts Practice Group is grateful to have the following clients contribute to our ongoing success by participating in our Client Advisory Board:
- Ed Blakemore, Assistant General Counsel, Rockwell Automation
- Nicole Brunson, Head of Litigation, Arrival
- Bill Ellison, Senior Counsel, Litigation, Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
- John Exner, General Counsel, Seneca Foods
- Josh Humphries, Senior Counsel, WestRock
- Bryan Larson, Staff VP – Risk Management, Legget & Platt, Inc.
- Randy Reavis, Senior Products Counsel, Volvo Group North America, LLC
- Chris Schilder, Chief Legal Counsel, ESG & Innovation, PactivEvergreen
- Sonia Valdes, VP of Claims, Medmarc Insurance Group
- Jolene Wall, Deputy General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Jackie Bryk Welch, Vice President – Litigation, The J.M. Smucker Company
THIRD-PARTY EVENTS CHAIR