“Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door.” Attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson, this phrase has become a metaphor for the power of innovation.
In construction, building a better mousetrap involves having an innovative design and sound construction while paying attention to business challenges and managing risk throughout each project.
No construction project is perfect. Every project—large or small—can present significant risk. In today’s economy, it is imperative to seek legal advice before, during, and after any construction project, especially when a dispute is brewing.
To ensure you are in the best position, you may need the advice and involvement of construction lawyers before a site is acquired or ground is broken, or well after the moving trucks have pulled away. Construction law is far-reaching, encompassing a host of interrelated disciplines where advice may be necessary, including real estate development, drafting contracts for design and construction, and engaging in project-related dispute resolution and litigation.
Like the field of construction law itself, the ALFA International Construction Practice Group is broad and diverse. It includes the best and brightest construction lawyers from every region of the United States and internationally.
Our clients include owners, developers, contractors, designers, product suppliers, insurers, and sureties. They trust us to provide effective, coordinated guidance. The lawyers who make up the ALFA International Construction Law Practice Group have firsthand experience working for every type of participant on every type of project.
Areas of Focus
- Real estate transactions
- Business counseling
- Contracts and subcontracts
- Design and construction defects
- Personal injury and property damage
- Environmental compliance
- Product manufacturers and suppliers
- Risk management, insurance, and performance bonds
- Lobbying and legislation
Client Advisory Board (CAB)
The ALFA International Construction Practice Group is grateful to have the following clients contribute to our ongoing success by participating in our Client Advisory Board:
- Erin Austin, General Counsel, David Evans & Associates, Inc.
- Angela Bajramaj, Corporate Counsel, Belfor USA Group
- Melanie Brown, Head of Complex Claims, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc.
- Jennifer Franklin, Corporate Claims Manager, MSA Group
- Rochanne Keane, Specialty Lines Claim Manager, Beazley
- Matthew E. Moore, Corporate Legal Department, Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- George A. Netschke, Vice President and General Counsel, Barton Malow Company
- Ron Peppe, Vice President Legal & Human Resources, Secretary, Director, Canam Steel
- Brian Raymore, Senior Vice President of Safety & Risk, CentiMark
- Karen Rice, Vice President and Head of Construction Claims Operations, XL Catlin
- Ira Sussman, Manager, Senior Claims Counsel, IAT-Surety
- Cody Webb, VP/General Counsel, Zachry Construction Corp.
Robert C. deRosset
2023 PROGRAM CO-CHAIR
2023 PROGRAM CO-CHAIR