Oil, Gas & Energy
When your company needs knowledgeable oil, gas, and energy counsel down the street or across the globe, consider the attorneys at ALFA International.
With law firms spread across dozens of major oil and gas-producing jurisdictions, our member law firms and lawyers know how the energy industry operates and have experience in all facets of the business, including transactions, regulatory issues, and litigation.
With law firms with experience in every major oil and gas field in the continental United States, Canada and around the globe, ALFA International members bring our clients in-depth knowledge of industry issues and well-developed connections in local and regional legal and business communities.
Our member firms and lawyers can assist your company in a range of exploration, production, transportation, refining, distribution, pipeline, environmental, and other legal and regulatory matters in the United States, Canada, the Gulf of Mexico, and dozens of other countries where ALFA International members maintain energy practices.
Areas of Focus
- Upstream: Exploration, production, service, acquisition, divestiture (leases, wells, minerals, and royalties), and title work
- Midstream: Acquisitions, divestitures, the building of pipelines and production infrastructure, transportation of hydrocarbons, state and federal regulatory issues
- Downstream: Marketing, sales, service, refining, and chemicals
- Civil litigation (Contract): Breach of contracts, JOAs, and royalty disputes
- Civil litigation (Tort): Trucking accidents, workplace accidents, and pipeline explosions
- Environmental: Regulatory and litigation, including state and federal agency actions
- Criminal defense: Violations of federal and state laws that are not environmental in nature
- Service and infrastructure: Manufacture of equipment, pipe, chemicals, and production facilities
- Transportation: Ground or rail transportation of water, equipment, chemicals, and fluids
- Transactional: Day-to-day legal issues, including contracts, financing, and securities
- Alternative Energy: Solar, nuclear, and wind