As workers’ compensation laws are very state-specific, compliance with the laws can be extremely complex.
ALFA International’s network of law firms and attorneys helps manage claims and minimize exposure wherever your company does business.
For many large employers, compliance with workers’ compensation laws often becomes a struggle with complex, sometimes contradictory, state regulations, laws and procedures. As costs continue to rise, preventing and managing workers’ compensation claims is an increasingly important factor in your business’s success.
The attorneys and member firms of ALFA International provide coordinated guidance and cost-effective solutions that will help your company streamline its approach to these challenges. ALFA attorneys are experienced in workers’ compensation laws across the country, including state regulations, administrative procedures, and industry-specific rules.
As leaders in the field, lawyers in the ALFA International Workers’ Compensation Practice Group actively participate in governmental committees and oversight bodies, industry organizations, and local and national legal associations.
In addition to traditional legal counseling, our attorneys work hand-in-hand with clients to develop and deliver innovative workers’ compensation services including, electronic access to dockets and files, systems for processing and management of claims, and the creation of safety programs. Our lawyers also play key roles in influencing workers’ compensation-related legislation.
Areas of Focus
- Managing workers’ compensation claims
- Representing clients in litigation and appeals at state and administrative levels
- Administering claims investigation programs
- Defending against general, third-party, and industrial tort claims
- Developing and implementing proactive safety measures and programs
- Obtaining self-insured status for businesses
- Advising on products liability, bad-faith actions, and occupational disease claims
Client Advisory Board (CAB)
The ALFA International Workers’ Compensation Practice Group is grateful to have the following clients contribute to our ongoing success by participating in our Client Advisory Board:
- Octavia Alexander, Workers’ Compensation Supervisor, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Melissa Camara, Claims Manager, Wright Service Corp.
- Denise K. Evans, Director of Workers’ Compensation Claims, Staffmark
- Vicki Ferdinand, Associate Risk Manager, Delaware North
- Rachelle O’Dell, Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager, Lineage Logistics
- Tom Rodriguez, Regional Recovery Coordinator, International Paper Co.
- Tricia Wilson, Director, Risk Management, True Blue, PeopleManagement Division
VICE-CHAIR/2023 PROGRAM CHAIR