Hospitality & Retail
Hospitality and retail businesses face a myriad of complex legal and business issues.
Whether your legal needs are regional, national, or international in scope, ALFA International’s network of law firms provides the experience and local knowledge needed to navigate your company’s risks and unexpected challenges in the ever-changing world of hospitality and retail.
Across the United States and around the globe, today’s hospitality and retail businesses constitute one of the world’s most vibrant and economically active sectors. But the very nature of the hospitality and retail industries poses a host of potential legal issues, from low-risk routine matters to issues with potentially devastating consequences to your company.
ALFA International’s Hospitality & Retail Practice Group focuses on helping its national and global clients—hotels, restaurants, bars, retailers, grocery stores, resorts and spas, amusement parks, sports venues, gyms and health clubs, event entertainment venues—navigate the litigation minefields they encounter.
With attorneys from law firms around the globe, the Hospitality & Retail Practice Group provides seasoned experience and local knowledge to help your company stay ahead of the curve in the ever-changing areas of hospitality and retail law.
Areas of Focus
- Premises liability litigation
- Safety and security failures
- Labor and employment liability
- Federal and state regulatory legislation
- Workplace violence
- Food and beverage liability, including food-borne illnesses
- Franchisee/franchisor issues
- Liquor liability
- Sanitation failures
- Menu labeling and advertising misrepresentations
- Crisis management
- Trademark litigation
- Business litigation matters
Client Advisory Board (CAB)
The ALFA International Hospitality Practice Group is grateful to have the following clients contribute to our ongoing success by participating in our Client Advisory Board:
- Ben Gross, Associate General Counsel, rue21, Inc.
- Mary Haefer, Head of Casualty Claims, CapSpecialty
- Latrice Lee, HR Legal | Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA), Microsoft
- Erik Lindseth, Vice President and General Counsel, Lifetime Fitness Co.
- David Marshall, VP & Associate GC, Litigation, Dispute Resolution and Risk Management, ILG, Inc
- Jacqueline Murphy (“Jackie”), Associate General Counsel, Flynn Restaurant Group
Benjamin W. Jones
2024 PROGRAM CHAIR
REGIONAL PROGRAMMING CHAIR
Monica R. Garcia
Dean M. Arruebarrena