Sometimes even the best efforts produce unexpected results, and even the most seasoned professionals run the risk of being sued by a dissatisfied client.
When you or your company’s reputation, license, and livelihood are in jeopardy, you need the lawyers in ALFA International’s Professional Liability Practice Group by your side.
Claims against professionals are on the rise, and no profession is immune from these claims. Professional liability lawsuits come at a high price — defending them costs money, time, and even reputation. Often, they are accompanied by regulatory or disciplinary complaints. Even winning takes a toll.
ALFA International’s Professional Liability Practice Groups members are among the nation’s go-to lawyers for professionals and their insurers when they need an aggressive defense of claims and risk management advice. With highly skilled professional liability lawyers spread across the country, we can coordinate counsel in many jurisdictions when necessary.
Our attorneys represent lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers, corporate directors and officers, real estate agents, brokers, appraisers and surveyors, insurance agents and brokers, investment advisors/brokers, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, hospitals and medical practices. Serving on the panels of the largest professional liability insurers, we are chosen to defend their insureds in the most complex and varied claims and suits. Our lawyers also successfully defend professionals directly against claims and in disciplinary investigations. Many of our member firms also provide risk management services and consulting to these professionals.
Areas of Focus
- Pre-suit investigation and claim mitigation
- Risk management
- Professional liability insurance coverage analysis
- Litigation and arbitration
- Malpractice and other claims, including intentional tort claims
- Disciplinary actions before state licensing agencies
Client Advisory Board (CAB)
The ALFA International Professional Liability Practice Group is grateful to have the following clients contribute to our ongoing success by participating in our Client Advisory Board:
- Gary Duechle, The Medical Protective Co.
- Kobi Gibbs, Aspen Insurance Group
- Keely Henthorn, Attorney Protective
- Crystal Ivy, AmTrust Financial Services
- David Robles, Allied World
- James “Jamie” Strong, ProAssurance Companies
- Naomi Yamada, Arch Insurance Group Inc.