The ALFA International Corporate Transactions group brings together skilled lawyers from around the globe to represent clients with transactional and regulatory needs ranging from merging with a business across town, divesting a brand based in another state or acquiring a company with operations on multiple continents.
The firms and lawyers in the Corporate Transactions group also have experience managing and addressing a wide range of securities-related legal matters, including start-up and venture financing work, initial public offerings, going public or private transactions, or defending against a shareholder lawsuit. Member firms can provide coordinated counsel for legal transactions and disputes that span several states, an entire continent or even oceans.
Corporate Transactions group members work with publicly traded corporations, private- and family-owned business, private equity funds, venture capital-backed companies, entrepreneurial start-ups and multinational corporations.
Areas of focus
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Corporate finance, including bonds
- Corporate governance
- Domestic and cross-border transactions
- Due diligence
- Equity capital markets transactions
- Foreign corrupt practices and bribery
- Initial public offerings
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- National and international supply agreements
- Public to private transactions
- Regulatory approval processes
- Secured transactions, including cross-border
- Securities regulation
- Shareholder activism
- Shareholder lawsuits
- Tender offers