HunterMaclean is the largest law firm in Georgia outside of Atlanta and one of the oldest firms in the state. The firm provides legal services in more than 40 practice areas to its clients, ranging from start-up companies to publicly-held corporations. The firm has offices in Savannah and Saint Simons Island, Georgia.
HunterMaclean proudly offers diversified practice groups and specialized business law counsel, providing one convenient, comprehensive source to handle a full range of client needs. Professional excellence, uncompromising integrity and outstanding service have defined HunterMaclean’s mission for more than a century.
The firm has a long tradition of public service. Partners or former partners have served as Mayor of Savannah, Chairman of the Chatham-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission, Chairman of the Richmond County Planning Commission, members of the Georgia General Assembly, and the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Successfully representing national truck trailer manufacturers, as both national and local counsel, in the defense of conspicuity and side and rear impact product liability claims.
- Successfully resolving hundreds of employment claims and class action suits against a national transportation company by plaintiffs alleging age discrimination in connection with a company-wide reduction in force.
- Successfully resolving hundreds of personal injury suits against manufacturers and distributors in toxic tort cases.
- Representing a developer of Hutchinson Island, a major public-private partnership that includes a hotel/resort and an international trade and convention center.
- Representing a paper corporation in locating and building the world’s most advanced recycled tissue mill, a $750 million investment in coastal Georgia.
- Successfully representing a British company against its insurers in a coverage dispute over catastrophic environment damage caused by the explosion of the company’s storage tank.
- Representing a large national manufacturing company in the sale of all of the outstanding stock of its parent company for approximately $350 million.
- Acting as bond counsel and hospital counsel in connection with public and private financing of hospital systems’ bond financing and refinancing.
HunterMaclean has earned the distinction of being one of the most honored and consistently top-rated business law firms in Georgia. Here are some of the accolades the Firm has received in recent years:
- Each year since its inception, the Best Lawyers / U.S. News & World Report “Best Law Firms” survey has ranked over a third of HunterMaclean practice areas as “first tier.”
- HunterMaclean practice areas and attorneys are recognized annually by the international law firm ranking institution, Chambers and Partners.
- Corporate Counsel magazine selected HunterMaclean as a Go-To Law Firm for the nation’s leading financial services companies.
- Seventy-five percent of the Firm’s partners are listed in Best Lawyers in America, a confidential peer-review survey.
- More than two-thirds of the Firm’s partners received top AV ratings from Martindale-Hubbell, recognizing their commitment to legal excellence.
- Each year, Atlanta Magazine honors the HunterMaclean Georgia Super Lawyers. The prestigious Georgia Super Lawyers honor is given annually to the top five percent of attorneys in the state, as chosen by their peers and through independent research by Law & Politics.
- Each year Georgia Trend magazine honors HunterMaclean attorneys in its annual Legal Elite issue.
- Eighty-one percent of partners graduated from the top 50 law schools, as ranked by US News & World Report.
- The Savannah Business Journal has honored a number of HunterMaclean attorneys as 40 Under 40 business leaders, in recognition of their outstanding legal service and their leadership skills.
- More than three-quarters of all HunterMaclean attorneys serve on the board of directors for a local nonprofit organization, demonstrating the Firm’s commitment to serving the community.
- HunterMaclean proudly represents more than a dozen community nonprofit organizations including Union Mission, Telfair Museums, Junior Achievement, Historic Savannah Foundation, and many others.