McDowell Knight Roedder & Sledge, LLC represents corporate defendants in all types of litigation and appellate work in Alabama. In addition to national and international manufacturing clients, McDowell Knight regularly represents media companies, architects, engineers and contractors, trucking companies, major railways, insurance companies, healthcare providers, large shipbuilders and shippers, and financial institutions in the Gulf Coast region. Work for these clients has given the firm a depth of trial experience in state and federal courts. McDowell Knight uses the latest technology to efficiently and effectively handle matters through discovery and trial.
McDowell Knight supports the involvement of its lawyers in professional activities, and its lawyers are leaders in the legal community and are actively involved in some of the country’s most prominent legal organizations. Many of its lawyers serve in key leadership positions in nationally renowned organizations such as the American Bar Association, American Board of Trial Advocacy, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, International Association of Defense Counsel, Product Liability Advisory Counsel, Lawyers for Civil Justice, Defense Research Institute, Maritime Law Association, National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel and the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute. Two of the firm’s senior members are Fellows in the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. Another served as President and then the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the 13,000-member Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel and as Chairman of the Board of the Lawyers for Civil Justice. Additionally, members have served on the Board of Directors of the DRI, an organization of 21,000 attorneys representing businesses and insurance companies.
- McDowell Knight rated Alabama’s top mid-sized business litigation firm by Super Lawyers, Business Edition 2011.
- McDowell Knight partners are recognized by Who’s Who Legal as among the world’s leading product liability defense lawyers for the last three years. This London-based publication annually identifies leading lawyers in thirty-one areas of business law from over one hundred countries. Lawyers are selected through an independent survey of clients and peers, and it is not possible to buy entry into this listing. This product liability listing is based upon analysis of opinions of law firm clients and product liability layers from around the world.
- Benchmark Litigation recommends McDowell Knight as being among Alabama’s recommended firms for litigation in its guide to America’s leading business litigation firms and attorneys.
- A majority of McDowell Knight partners are consistently named to Alabama Super Lawyers.
- A majority of McDowell Knight partners are consistently named Best Lawyers.