- This event has passed.
2022 Construction Law Seminar
July 27, 2022 - July 29, 2022
The 2022 ALFA International Construction Law Seminar titled “Sometimes the Third Time’s a Charm: Using Hindsight and Perseverance to Build Into the Future” took place on July 27-29, 2022, at the Ritz-Carlton, Bacara in Santa Barbara, California.
As they say, sometimes the third time is a charm. That can be true in sports, as a team seeks an elusive championship, in business, where a deal that historically got away is finally closed and in construction, where starting and stopping projects unfortunately became the norm for numerous reasons over the past two years. Which brought us to the beautiful Ritz-Carlton, Bacara in Santa Barbara where we, construction industry counsel and colleagues, finally – after two postponements – came together to enjoy each other’s company and foster business relationships that may extend into the years ahead.
- A Look Back to the Future of Modular Construction
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution in a Post-COVID World
- Not In the Playbook: Navigating Global Supply Chain Disruption & Material Price Volatility in Construction
- All Aboard: How to Successfully Ride the Workers’ Comp and OSHA Waves
- Navigation of Complex and Multi-Party Claims: Best Practices, Lessons & Strategies
- Aging Infrastructure: Examining the Challenges and Opportunities for Improvement
- The New Normal: Facing the Challenges of Today’s Labor Market
- Government Contracting
- Did I Do That? Adjoining Landowner Liability
- What’s Worse, COVID-19 or Its Aftermath? Force Majeure and Disputes Pre-and Post-COVID
- Get Smart! A Study Guide on ‘Smart Construction’ Concepts, Trends and Risks