BUREN, ALFA International’s member firm in The Netherlands, is an internationally-oriented corporate law firm.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
BUREN’scorporate practice group provides clients with advice and support on all aspects of their corporate requirements – inter alia acting as a lead counsel in M&A and joint ventures, corporate and tax (re)structuring, reorganizations, company formation, acquisition of stakes in (foreign) companies, shareholders agreements, private equity, venture capital and investment funds, financing agreements MBO & MBI, LBO, asset protection, management buy-out & management buy-in, corporate governance, due diligence services, company secretarial and compliance.
Our client base consists of both listed and private companies – domestic and multinational corporations across all sectors.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
BUREN’s corporate transactions team includes 6 partners and 24 lawyers. The team works in close collaboration with other partners and lawyers in a broad range of areas and with the tax practice group, foreign desks and Chinese and Luxembourg offices. In this way BUREN is able to truly offer integrated tax and civil law services with profound knowledge and understanding of different law systems, cultures and the environments our clients operate in.
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
- Acted for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. on the cross-border merger of Valeant Europe BV (Netherlands Based) in to VALEANT PHARMA Magyarország Kereskedelmi Korlátolt Felelÿsségÿ Társaság (Hungary based).
- Acted for Bitdefender Holding B.V., a leading global cybersecurity technology company, with its acquisition of RedSocks Security BV (RedSocks), a behavior and network security analytics Company.
- Acted for VA Holding, a subsidiary of Delta Plus Group SA, on the acquisition of 51% of the shares of Vertic Nederland B.V. Delta Plus Group S.A., a French listed company and a global player in the field of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Acted for Macsteel Global S.à r.l. B.V., part of the Macsteel Group on the acquisition of a 50% interest in the joint venture company Macsteel International Holdings B.V. Macsteel has purchased the shares for $ 220 million from a subsidiary of the South African steel concern ArcelorMittal SA Ltd, its former joint venture partner.
- Acted for Lithium Americas Corp. (LAC) and Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd. (“Ganfeng Lithium”) on the completion of a series of transactions with subsidiaries of Ganfeng Lithium and Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile S.A. (“SQM”) with respect to the Cauchari-Olaroz lithium project in Jujuy, Argentina (“Cauchari-Olaroz”).
- Acted for Praxair Inc. on the selling of its European assets, valued at about 5 billion euros ($6 billion), to Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corp. As part of efforts to win regulatory approval for its megamerger with Germany’s Linde which would create the world’s largest industrial-gas supplier.
- Acted for Red Wind B.V. on various legal and corporate matters on a continuous basis. Red Wind B.V. is the joint venture established between NovaWind, a part of Russian state-owned group RosAtom and Lagerwey. NovaWind is now launching the largest wind turbine localization program in Russia.
- Acted as lead counsel in respect of the acquisition by Planon of the conjectFM business from the Aconex Group / Oracle. This transaction (asset deal) was particularly complex and time consuming as during the transaction process the seller, Aconex, was in the process of being acquired by Oracle. Planon is a multinational software company with offices in Europe, Canada, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and the USA.
- Acted for a consortium of buyers including an affiliate of Harbor Group International, LLC and Z.C. Ronogil on the GBP 90 million+ acquisition of The Relay Building in London.
- Acted for Cloud Technology Solutions (CTS), a Manchester-headquartered cloud infrastructure specialist, on the acquisition of Dutch application development and machine learning specialist Qlouder. The deal creates the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe.
- Acted for ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc., an industry-leading automation solutions provider, on the Dutch law aspects of the acquisition of Comecer S.p.A. The total cash purchase price for the acquisition was 113 million Euro, subject to working capital and other adjustments.
- Acted for Evonik Industries AG (German based) on the signing of an agreement with US based One Equity Partners to acquire US based PeroxyChem. The purchase price (enterprise value) for obtaining all shares in PeroxyChem is about $ 625 million.
- Acted for the Polypipe Group Plc (listed on the London Stock Exchange), on the acquisition of Permavoid Limited. BUREN has advised the Polypipe Group on various aspects of the acquisition of the Dutch operations of Permavoid Limited and has carried out various M&A and transactional The transaction value amounts to a maximum of GBP 16,500,000.
- Acted for (Brazil-based) Fras-le S.A., one of the largest global manufacturers of friction material, on the acquisition of Fremax.