Von Wobeser Y Sierra, S.C., ALFA International’s member firm in Mexico has varied and wide expertise in almost all kinds of corporate transactions.
VWYS partners and associates have advised several clients in the automotive, construction, consumer goods, entertainment, culture, food and beverages, healthcare, information & technology, infrastructure, life sciences, manufacturing & maquila services, mining, oil & gas and real estate, tourism & hospitality industries:
- Acquisitions and divestitures;
- Corporate finance, including bonds;
- Corporate governance and restructuring;
- Domestic and cross-border transactions;
- Due diligence;
- Foreign corrupt practices and bribery;
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances;
- Mergers and spin-offs;
- National and international supply agreements;
- Public to private transactions;
- Regulatory approval processes;
- Shareholder activism;
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
Our corporate team is currently led by the following 8 partners and approximately 20 associates are involved in this practice area:
- Claus von Wobeser
- Javier Lizardi
- Fernando Moreno
- Luis Burgueño
- Rupert Hüttler
- Andrés Nieto
- Fernando Carreño
- Pablo Saez
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
Below you will find the key transactions, of the past 3 years, in which the corporate team of VWYS has participated as legal advisors:
Claus von Wobeser:
- Representative of Constructora Internacional de Infraestructura (ICA) in an ICC arbitration filed against the CFE, related to the construction of a hydroelectric dam. USD $168 million.
- Representative of San Benedetto in the ICC arbitration filed by PEAMSA (Peñafiel), related to the consumer beverages USD millions.
- Advised BMW AG in the negotiation and execution of their investment in San Luis USD +1 billion.
- Advised Anheuser Busch InBev and Grupo Modelo in the strategic relocation and management of both high-level executives and staff after Anheuser Busch InBev´s acquisition of Grupo USD $20.1 billion.
- Advised Anheuser Busch InBev in regards to the acquisition of Grupo Modelo. USD $20.1 billion.
- Advised on the division of Motorola Solutions and Motorola Mobility. Motorola Mobility was sold to USD $12.5 billion.
- Advised Anheuser Busch InBev in its acquisition of Grupo Modelo and the public tender offer carried out in the BMV and other foreign markets and the delisting tender USD +$20 billion.
- Advised Anheuser Busch InBev and Grupo Modelo in its divestiture of the U.S. business to Constellation USD +$5 billion.
- Advised BMW AG in the negotiation and execution in their investment in San Luis USD +1 billion.
- Advised Corvaglia Mould AG during a dispute between the company’s
- Represented Takata Corporation (TKJP Corporation) and its Mexican subsidiaries in the negotiation of a global settlement for over USD$30 Billion of pre-petition liabilities and the selling of its substantial assets to Key Safety Systems (KSS) for USD$1.6 Billion.
- Advised Anheuser Busch InBev in its acquisition of Grupo Modelo leading the mandatory tender offer carried out in the BMV and other foreign markets, representing a transaction value for over USD$21
- Advised in the acquisition of SAB Miller by Anheuser-Busch InBev. USD +$100 billion.
- Advised Anheuser Busch InBev in its acquisition of the rest of Mexican Brewer, Grupo Modelo for USD $20.1
- Advised Grupo Modelo in the negotiations and all necessary matters in regards to the purchase of land in order to ensure that the property will have the potential, material conditions, permits, authorizations and licenses required to construct the plant, as well as the supervision of the re-division and merging of 3 million m2 of land. Mexican pesos $2,200’000,000.
- Advised to Grupo Modelo in the negotiations and all necessary matters in order to make the sale of the Plant as well as the regularization and re-division of the USD $600 million.