Poul Schmith, ALFA International’s member firm in Denmark, renowned as the premier legal institution in Denmark, the firm’s extensive clientele encompasses various Danish and international private, public, and state entities, spanning sectors including renewable energy, banking, pension funds, insurance, private equity, and more.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
Poul Schmith is a highly regarded law firm with a distinguished reputation for excelling in a wide array of corporate transactions – inter alia acting as a lead counsel in M&A, joint ventures, ECM and debt capital markets, financing, reorganizations, company formation, contract negotiations, minority investments, shareholder matters, corporate governance, ESG and compliance.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
Poul Schmith’s corporate transaction practice is comprised of 16 partners and app. 60 lawyers, covering a broad range of practice and specialist areas, further drawing on the expertise of the firms many specialist groups such as employment, anti-trust, data-protection and AI compliance, real estate, environmental, IP/IT, banking and finance law, security, and defence etc., together comprising more than 480+ lawyers on firm level.
Examples of recent transactions our firm has undertaken
- Advised stock-listed company Nordic Aqua Partners A/S on its cross-border merger.
- Advised Core Sustainability Capital in its 33% minority investment in Scanmetals A/S.
- Advised CMA CGM Group on the Danish aspects of its EUR 5 billion acquisition of Bolloré Logistics.
- Advised the Danish State on its contemplated multi DKK billion investment in 6 new offshore wind farms
- Assisted Visma in its acquisition of Efacto.
- Advised the sellers in the sale of Dalbo A/S to Italian Persefone S.r.l.
- Advised PenSam Pension in connection with a debt-to-equity restructuring of Ziton A/S.
- Advised private equity company Mutares SE & Co. KGaA in its acquisition of Arriva Denmark from Deutsche Bahn.
- Advised the Danish National Railways (DSB) on the sale of its component workshops to Knorr-Bremse AG, and the simultaneous conclusion of a 5 billion DKK maintenance and supply agreement.
- Advised Nutreco International B.V. in its purchase of Nutrimin A/S.
- Advised the sellers in the sale of Cylindo ApS to Chaos Software LTD.
- Advised the Danish Ministry of Finance on its DKK 1.6 billion combined debt and equity investment for the development and expansion of the airports in Greenland.
- Advised PenSam Pension on the establishment of a two-layered joint venture with Artha Kapitalforvaltning and AIP Management, and the subsequent purchase of Ørsted’s 84,500 m2 head office in Gentofte, DK.
- Advised the energy company Verdo on the sale of 75% of the shares in it’s fibre-optic broadband company Verdo Tele A/S to Norlys Group.