Knowles Husain Lindsay Inc., ALFA International’s member firm in South Africa, with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town have extensive experience in corporate transactions.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Corporate finance transactions such as share buy-backs, the issue of shares, the conversion of shares and the making of distributions (such as the declaration or payment of dividends).
- Joint venture structures (incorporated and unincorporated).
- Group re-organizations and restructurings.
- Finance agreements and security documentation.
- Companies’ constitutional documents and shareholders agreements.
- Agreements required by clients in context-specific settings (such as service level agreements, leases, supply agreements, distribution agreements, sub-contracting agreements, management agreements and escrow agreements).
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
(Parties’ identities withheld due to confidentiality constraints)
- Advised a multinational group on its entry into South Africa and the establishment of its corporate presence in South Africa.
- Advised a multinational group on its acquisition of a South African target company.
- Advised a multinational group on the South African elements of its worldwide group reorganizations.
- Advised a multinational group on the South African elements of its group demerger before it initiated its auction process.
- Advising a significant Chinese company on its participation in an auction process to acquire a significant South African business that had been placed in business rescue.
- Advised a significant South African pharmaceutical group on its acquisition by a JSE listed entity.
- Advised on numerous merger and acquisition transactions.