Bull & Co Advokatfirma is ALFA International’s member firm in Norway, a business law firm located at Solli Plass in Oslo. Clients range from listed international companies to family businesses, the public sector, pro-bono organizations and private individuals. The lawyers at Bull & Co assist with business matters in most areas, such as corporate, finance, real estate, restructuring, employment, environment, competition, intellectual property and technology. In addition to business law, its lawyers advise in family and inheritance law. Depending on the size and character of each case, its attorneys will assemble interdisciplinary teams, with a partner in charge, that give clients access to a full range of skills and experience.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
Bull & Co’s corporate group assists with transactional legal advice within a variety of sectors, focusing on technology and entertainment/media, private equity, ventures, real estate, manufacturing, services and retail, as well as energy. Our corporate group consults with internal experts within various areas in order for the team with the requisite niche expertise to deliver seamless and high-quality services to our clients. We offer compact teams to increase efficiency, drawing on our specialists when necessary.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
Bull & Co’s corporate transactions team includes 10 partners and 4 lawyers. The team also has the support of several other lawyers in a broad range of areas as may be required for a particular transaction.
The rating agency The Legal 500 (2020 edition) quotes satisfied clients as follows:
“Combination of business acumen and pragmatic legal focus. The understanding of business realities and a pragmatic legal approach makes them partners in completing complex transactions.”
“Exceptional professionalism, availability and solution focused.”
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
- Bull & Co assisted YX Norge (one of the biggest oil companies in Norway) with the sale of its bulk business (approximately 600 customers, of which 15 are vendors) to Preem AB.
- Bull & Co has been assisting Bryan, Garnier, the global investment banking giant, with its expansion into the Nordic Region through its acquisition of Beringer Finance, the premier, Nordic Region-focused boutique investment bank.
- Bull & Co is representing Schibsted Tillväxtmedier, the Sweden-based growth-focused arm of the Norwegian conglomerate, Schibsted Group, which includes the Nordic Region’s largest media group. Our team has handled three transactions/major investments within the technology and media sectors.
- Bull & Co is advising Infobric, the Sweden-based producer of systems that make construction sites safer and more effective, and a portfolio company of Summa Equity, the Sweden-based private equity firm. Our corporate/M&A team has advised Infobric in connection with two add-on acquisitions.
- Bull & Co advised WIMS, the leading Norway-based software company. Our team advised WIMS on the sale of its shares to Sweden-based, Vitec Software Group. Our work on this matter followed our role for WIMS on a prior merger with Web Services Teknology.
- Bull & Co represented Lier Everk Holding and Hadeland Energi, the Norway-based energy & natural resources companies. Our corporate/M&A team led work for Lier Everk and Hadeland Energi in the sale of their ownership in optical fibre infrastructure company Fiber 1 to Viken Fiber Holding.
- Bull & Co advised Fredrikstad Energi, the leading Norway-based energy & natural resources company. Our corporate/M&A team advised Frederikstad Energy on the sale of optical fibre infrastructure company, FEAS Bredbånd, to Broadnet AS.
- Bull & Co represented Schibsted Norge AS, the Norwegian media arm of Schibsted ASA, in acquiring a majority stake in Matkanalen AS, a Norwegian niche (food) TV channel.
- Bull & Co represented Schibsted ASA in acquiring a majority stake in Nettbil AS, an online auction platform for sale of used cars to dealers.
- Bull & Co advised Lyfstone (formerly known as Orthogenics AS), the Norway-based life sciences company which develops diagnostics for peri-prosthetic joint infections and loosening. Our corporate/M&A team assisted Lyfstone in yet another private placement.
- Bull & Co represented Spiff, the Norway-based fintech start-up. Our corporate/M&A team led work for Spiff on NOK multi-million fundraising through crowdfunding.