ALFA International’s Mauritius member firm, YKJ Legal, is a corporate and commercial law firm. It offers a wide range of legal services in commercial and corporate matters. As a Mauritian law firm, its experienced team of lawyers provide optimal value adding services and legal expertise. The firm’s extensive experience in serving its worldwide client base in various sectors including banking and finance, investment fund, company law, employment law, insolvency related matters, regulatory and trusts is an indication of its trusted services.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
YKJ Legal provides legal services in the practice areas of corporate and commercial law, banking and finance, capital markets, investment funds, intellectual property, private client matters and regulatory matters. We advise on a wide range of cross-border transactional matters, banking and finance transactions and funds. We also assist our clients on their case management on complex litigation and dispute resolutions.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
YKJ Legal team comprises 3 partners, 1 consultant and 1 paralegal.
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
- Acted for the Greenko Group on an offering of USD350,000,000 senior notes due 2022 and an offering of USD650,000,000 senior notes due 2024 listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
- Acted for one of India’s most prominent financial services groups in connection with the setting up of a USD500 million size expert fund trading in currency futures and option contracts, pre-initial public offerings, units of mutual funds/ alternative investment funds, convertible bonds, IPOs, listed corporate bonds, ADRs and GDRs.
- Acted for a major independent schools group having more than 20 schools in UK, Australia, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Kenya and South Africa in a ZAR1Billion financing transaction.
- Acted for one of the largest private banks in India in connection with a INR21,933,300,000 project for the development of coalbed methane in West Bengal, India consisting of drilling of 363 wells, setting up of gas gathering stations and other related activities.
- Acted on a maritime law matter for a leading independent Oil & Gas Company operating across the globe, ranging from Northern Europe to Africa and from Latin America to Southeast Asia with 450 000 BOE/D (Barrels of oil equivalent per day).
- Advising Chevron Corporation which is America’s third largest corporation on compliance and regulatory matters.
- Advising a leading management company on employment law and pension related issues following its acquisition of one of the largest management company in Mauritius.
- Acted for Investec Bank Plc, the Bank of Nova Scotia, the Bank of America and the China Development Bank in a number of financing transactions with a complex security package.