LC LAW Stylianou & Associates LLC is ALFA International’s member firm in Cyprus and its attorneys advise businesses in all relevant matters of law the core activity of the firm is in the areas of corporate law, commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, banking, finance and capital markets, employment law, property and estate planning, trusts, shipping. The firm maintains its practice base in Nicosia and is associated with local firms in all towns of Cyprus. The firm also has contacts with firms around the world and can refer clients to other jurisdictions in accordance with their needs.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
We work with our clients across the full spectrum of corporate and commercial transactions. Our clients include international business conglomerates and publicly listed companies, film production companies, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, shipping enterprises, international trade companies, energy infrastructure companies, oil & gas companies, private equity firms, investment firms, real estate development companies as well as high net worth individuals. Our firm’s work includes:
- mergers and acquisitions (including cross border transactions);
- joint ventures;
- capital markets;
- corporate debt financing and restructuring;
- directors and shareholders arrangements;
- employee benefits, remuneration and stock option plans;
- regulatory and compliance advice;
- licensing, franchising and distribution;
- due diligence;
- tax panning;
- commercial transactions;
- intellectual property;
- advice for foreign entities doing business in Cyprus.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
LCLAW’s corporate transactions team includes 1 partner, 1 special counsel, 1 associate lawyer and 1 tax associate. The team also has the support of other fee earners with a range of other expertise as required on any particular transaction.
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
- Acted for Tata Group India on a US$950 million syndicate finance project in relation to the acquisition of coal mines in Indonesia.
- Acted for Tata Group India on a US$300 million investment agreement for expanding its investments and interests in various coal mine companies.
- Advised on a US$300 million finance project in relation to the financing of the construction of a duplicate overland conveyor belt to be developed near the Sangatta mine site and a stacker reclaimed at the Tanjung Bara Coal Terminal, construction of a conveyor and crushing plant facility at Melawan and Asam Asam, construction of a conveyor and crusher for West Mulia and construction of a port for West Mulia.
- Advised on a €73 million sale of a Russian capital investment group.
- Advised Apollo Group India on a US$30 million joint venture for the establishment of a platform for Digital Cinema Technology.
- Advised the sellers on a €5 million sale of the shares they held in The Cyprus Development Bank Plc.
- Acted for a film production company operating in Europe and the United States in relation to the investment and production of the films “Only Lovers Left Alive”, “Love me Not”, “Take Shelter”.
- Advised the issuer on the issue of a €10 million bond loan to be offered through a public offering and listed on the organized market of the Athens Exchange.
- Advised the purchaser on a US$14 million acquisition of a cargo ship.
- Advised a Canadian oil and gas exploration company on various commercial and energy contracts and employee contracts.
- Advised a multinational company in Greece in relation various secondment and employment agreements.