Triana, Uribe & Michelsen is ALFA International’s member firm in Colombia and is well known for its expertise in Intellectual Property Law, but has professional experience in the following areas: Commercial Law, Labor Law, Foreign Investment, Commercial and Civil Agreements, Corporate Law, Taxes, Litigation, Corporate Governance, Competition Law and Managing Consulting.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
Our corporate transactions group has particular expertise in the incorporation of companies and branches; design of efficient schemes to channel foreign investment; planning of structures for cross-border transactions; drafting of minutes and shareholder agreements; assistance in the amendment of corporate by-laws; bookkeeping; company mergers & acquisitions; corporate reorganization and liquidation procedures; counselling to boards of directors and managers with respect to corporate governance matters; conduction of due diligence processes, and; ongoing advice regarding day-to-day business activities.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
Triana, Uribe & Michelsen corporate transaction team includes 2 partners and 2 lawyers. For specific transactions and requirements, our team also has the support of other lawyers within the Firm and other Colombian lawyers and international firms.
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
- Structuring, planning and negotiation of mayor transaction of a well-known mining company in Colombia to an American private fund. The operation included offshore structuring in three (3) countries, involvement with international banks and fourteen (14) months of negotiations.
- Structuring and tax planning for a German leading worldwide pharmaceutical company, for the acquisition of two (2) well-known local pharmaceutical companies.
- Structuring and planning of the merger of a leading Colombian poultry company.
- Structuring and tax planning for English-American leading internet solutions and publishing company, for the incorporation of a new Colombian company, purchase of two (2) local technology companies and merger of the same. The operation included offshore structure abroad.
- Due Diligence of a British business service group recognized worldwide, listed on the London Stock Exchange and constituent of the FTSE 100 Index, in different legal areas, such as, corporate, tax, labor, intellectual property and litigation.