ALFA International virtually held its Annual Business Meeting (ABM) on October 21-22, 2020, drawing participation from across the global network’s membership. During the ABM, Kevin Owens of Johnson & Bell, Ltd. in Chicago, Illinois, was announced as the new Chair of the Board of Directors. Kevin takes over from Kara Stubbs of Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice LLC in Kansas City, Missouri, who will remain on the Board as Chair Emeritus. In addition, announcements were made about new members joining the the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee.
Additionally, two previous Board members have been elevated to positions on the Executive Committee:
- Eddy Hayes of Leake & Andersson, LLP in New Orleans, Louisiana, is the new Vice-Chair
- Jeff Laudenbach of German, Gallagher & Murtagh, P.C. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is the new Secretary
During the meeting, Kevin also announced that three dynamic and talented attorneys were elected to serve on the Board of Directors:
- Boma Ayomide Alabi of Primera Africa Legal in Lagos, Nigeria
- Doug Barr of Stoll Keenon Ogden, PLLC in Lexington, Kentucky
- Dina Cox of Lewis Wagner, LLP in Indianapolis, Indiana
ALFA International would also like to extend its gratitude and best wishes to the following outgoing Board members for their efforts in the network’s continued growth.
- Elaine Moss, Secretary, of Brown & James, P.C. in St. Louis, Missouri
- Gary Bague, Chair Emeritus, of Haight Brown & Bonesteel LLP in Los Angeles, California
- Fernando Jamarne of Alessandri in Santiago, Chile