ALFA International (ALFAI) held its Annual Business Meeting (ABM) in Dublin, Ireland, on October 19-21, 2022, with participation from across the global legal network’s membership. During the ABM, Eddy Hayes of Leake & Andersson, L.L.P. in New Orleans, Louisiana, was announced as the new Chair of the Board of Directors. Eddy takes over from Kevin Owens of Johnson & Bell, Ltd. in Chicago, Illinois, who will remain on the Board as Chair Emeritus.
Additionally, Grace Garcia of Morrison Mahoney LLP in Boston, Massachusetts, was elected as the new Vice-Chair, and Yvette Davis of Haight Brown & Bonesteel LLP in Los Angeles, California, was elevated from Board Member to Secretary. Eddy, Grace and Yvette will serve on the Executive Committee for a two-year term in these new positions.
During the meeting, Eddy also announced that three talented attorneys were elected to serve on the Board of Directors for a three-year term:
- Joe Fortner, Halloran Sage, Hartford, Connecticut
- Sheila Kerwin, Nilan Johnson Lewis PA, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Vanky Mak, Hampton, Winter and Glynn, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
ALFA International would also like to extend its gratitude and best wishes to the following outgoing Executive Committee and Board Members for their leadership.
- Kara Stubbs, Chair Emeritus, Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice L.L.C., Kansas City, Missouri
- Jeff Laudenbach, Secretary, German, Gallagher & Murtagh, P.C., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Mark Harty, Board Member, LCS & Partners, Taipei, Taiwan
- Matt Stanczyk, Board Member, Plunkett Cooney, Detroit, Michigan