Education. Networking. Career Development. ALFA International’s Women’s Initiative Practice Group provides women attorneys networking and leadership opportunities to facilitate their professional growth.
ALFA International member firms have a strong commitment to diversity. To underscore and support that commitment, the Women’s Initiative Practice Group (WIPG) serves as the central forum for the ALFA women attorneys to network and share best practices concerning all aspects of the practice and management of law. The group is open to all women attorneys in ALFA International law firms, and includes lawyers at all stages of their careers.
The Women's Initiative Practice Group's goals are direct: increase opportunities in other practice groups, share knowledge of best practices; confront and address the unique challenges of female lawyers; and build and strengthen meaningful business and personal relationships.
The WIPG effectuates its goals through the following initiatives:
- Offering networking and relationship building events specifically for ALFA women and female clients. Each Practice Group Seminar includes a WIPG event hosted by a WIPG Steering Committee Liaison which provides a leadership opportunity for a newer member of the WIPG.
- Promotion and inclusion of female membership within all ALFA’s practice groups to enhance diversity for female clients and the organization.
- Providing a forum for interactive education and sharing of best practices and strategies that foster the continued professional success of women attorneys in ALFA International law firms, as well as our women clients. The WIPG hosts a half day seminar in conjunction with the ALFAI Annual Business Meeting each October for WIPG members and all ALFAI attorneys
- Creating an environment for leadership development and training for WIPG members.
- During monthly conference calls, the group tackles programs, opportunities, and strategies to strengthen the group internally while enhancing the external visibility.
- Program for reduced financial cost for firms who send women to ALFA events.
The WIPG is proud that since its creation, the number of female lawyers attending ALFA International events has tripled and continues to increase.