With local relationships worldwide, the ALFA International network works.
Read what our members say:
- One of Cowell Clarke’s Australian based clients that conduct business in many countries needed fast advice regarding employment issues in Barbados, Peru and Ghana. We contacted our ALFA International colleagues in each of those jurisdictions and got the required advice speedily and without fuss. Our client was delighted with the efficiency and cost effectiveness with which we were able to provide the required solutions.
- A mid-sized automotive company in Michigan was in the process of acquiring part of an existing Mexican company. Plunkett & Cooney, the ALFA International member firm in Michigan was doing business with the client and introduced them to the ALFA International firm in Mexico. The automotive company was impressed with the responsiveness of the Mexican firm and also found it extremely helpful that many of the attorneys in the Mexican firm spoke German. Many of the foreign companies that the Michigan firm deals with in the U.S. are uncomfortable communicating in English so this added benefit will also be very useful for possible collaborations in the future.
- For many years, Teifenbacher, the German ALFA international member firm, has represented one of the largest leasing companies relating to movables in Germany. The client is a subsidiary of one of the major German banks. Tiefenbacher successfully referred this internationally acting first class client to the ALFA International member firms in Spain, Romania and most recently in Brazil. Due to the excellent work of the respective ALFA International firms permanent and highly beneficial business relationships between the client and the member firms in Spain and Romania have been established; Brazil and other countries are very probable to follow. Tiefenbacher is very happy to be able to rely on the ALFA International network.
- An Australian based firm of the ALFA International representatives in Sydney and Brisbane worked closely with an ALFA International firm based on the east coast of the United States in a matter involving the establishment of local operations for a well-known American sporting goods manufacturer. The initial transaction involved terminating the agency arrangement currently in place in Australia and then engaging the principal of the agency to run the local company’s operations direct. The good relationship built up through the interaction between TressCox Lawyers, the client and the US firm led to TressCox Lawyers carrying out all work for the local operation after the transaction was complete and to TressCox Lawyers then assisting with the execution of a similar transaction in New Zealand. The good relations between ALFA International lawyers enabled the client to received seamless service across Australasia.
- Whether in trial, working up a case for settlement, or referring the case to another ALFA International firm, Haight Brown & Bonesteel has actively participated in ALFA International for over twenty years. As a result, we have had the good fortune to work with ALFA International attorneys in over thirty-five states. Having these personal relationships allows us to confidently recommend highly-qualified and responsible lawyers to handle our clients’ legal needs. We have found that these strong personal relationships also benefit the client in at least one other way – an extra incentive exists to put the utmost effort into handling the legal matter.
- An Ohio-based owner and manager of shopping centers was invited to an ALFA International conference by Hawkins Parnell, an ALFA International member already handling several matters for the company. Throughout the course of the conference and seminar, he made numerous connections with other lawyers and representatives from similarly-situated companies. Within the next two weeks he referred cases to ALFA International firms in multiple states and entered serious negotiations with ALFA International counsel in foreign countries to handle pending and evolving matters in those venues.