Reichard & Escalera LLC is ALFA International’s member firm in Puerto Rico and is a full-service law firm with a state, national and international law practice. The firm offers legal counsel in business and real estate as well as general and business litigation. The firm’s corporate, taxation, human resources, environmental, and intellectual property groups assist clients with organizing and furthering their business interests while affording them opportunities to maximize the advantages offered by the Puerto Rico Industrial Incentive Act, the Tourism Development Act, and other statutes that provide unique tax and investment advantages for certain industries in Puerto Rico.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
Reichard & Escalera’s corporate transactions team advises clients in a wide variety of industries, including Energy, Technology, Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Manufacturing, Healthcare, Automobile, Insurance, Private Equity, Financial Institutions and Securities and Real Estate. Reichard & Escalera LLC’s provides advice to a wide variety of clients – from start-ups to established multinational corporations – at every stage of their business cycle, from initial planning and establishing business operations in Puerto Rico to mergers & acquisitions, stock and asset sales, spinoffs and global corporate restructurings. We also advise clients in structured finance and commercial lending transactions.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
Currently composed of eight attorneys.
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
- Johnson & Johnson – Consumer Health Divestiture
- Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline – Haleon Consumer Health Joint Venture
- Puerto Rico Telephone Company, Inc. – Telecommunications spinoff.
- Martin Energy Group – Development and construction of combined heat and power systems
- O’Reilly Automotive – Establishment of retail operations in Puerto Rico
- Medtronic Puerto Rico Operations – development of 4 combined heat and power systems