ALFA International’s Finland member firm Asianajotoimisto Lukander Ruohola HTO Oy is a law practice centrally located in Helsinki, the capital of Finland. The firm’s overriding objective is always to improve its expertise, which can lead it to effectively and efficiently attain its clients’ needs. As such, the firm is proud to provide its expertise and professional legal services focusing on various fields of business law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate and compliance matters, taxation, contractual advise, IPR, competition and marketing as well as dispute resolution.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
Lukander Ruohola HTO, Attorneys-at-law concentrates mainly on SME corporate transactions. These include takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets matters, assisting listed companies, corporate restructuring and bankruptcy, private equity and venture capital transactions, matters related to startup’s and real estate companies, transactions related to competition law, including notifications to competition law authorities, shareholder issues, including shareholder agreements and other arrangements, general meeting issues, director and employee arrangements including remuneration and incentives, taxation, general company law matters and corporate governance.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
Lukander Ruohola HTO, Attorneys-at-law has six partners and twelve lawyers altogether concentrating on corporate transaction matters.
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
- We assisted Investors House Plc as the company sold approximately 100 apartments to an international investor.
- We acted as counsel to EcoEnergy in the sale of biogas plant to Metsä Fibre. The plant is the first, commercial full-scale biogas plant that uses forest-based slurries from pulping process as the feedstock.
- We assisted the shareholders of Amslift Oy in the sale of the entire issued share capital to Swedish Cibes Lift Group’s subsidiary company Cibes Hissit Oy.
- We assisted Orava Residential REIT Plc as the company transformed into Ovaro Kiinteistösijoitus Oyj and was relisted to Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. Our service included applying Financial Supervisory Authority for a decision on the applicability of the AIFM Act on the company, preparing and executing the amendment to the company’s articles of association as well as assisting in the relisting procedure of the company’s stock. The structural change enabled Ovaro Kiinteistösijoitus to become the first Finnish company to abandon the REIT status.
- We assisted Auto-Bon Oy, which is a part of the Bassadone Automotive Group, in expanding its business in the Baltics in a transaction where it bought K.W. Bruun Baltic OÜ from its Danish owner. As from closing of the transaction on June 30, 2018 Bassadone Automotive Group imports Peugeot cars in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The transactions required competition authority clearance in each of the above countries.
- We assisted Booky.fi Oy in the acquisition of approximately 90 per cent of the shares of BTJ Finland Oy from BTJ Sverige AB.
- We represented Röchling LERIPA GmbH & Co. KG in the divestment of Röchling Leripa Papertech Service Oy
- We represented the shareholders of Petrasol Oy regarding the sale of all shares to UK-based Regus Group
- We acted as counsel to Ledil Oy in the sale of the majority shareholding to Swedish Ratos at an enterprise value of 97 million euros