Gonzalez & Ferraro Mila (GFM), ALFA International’s member firm in Argentina, offers a broad range of industry and specialist legal expertise to companies, investors and financial institutions, both local and foreign. Its practice includes advising on major projects, mergers & acquisitions, capital markets, construction and infrastructure, energy and natural resources, asset finance, as well as trade, corporate, tax, labor, litigation and commercial matters.
Types of corporate transactions in which our firm has particular expertise
The corporate transactions group works with our clients across the full spectrum of corporate and commercial transactions, dealing with complex legal situations in the challenging times of business. These include listed and private company takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets matters and fundraising, corporate debt financing and restructuring, corporate capital management and share structuring matters, shareholder activist and general shareholder matters, corporate financial services, private equity and venture capital transactions, regulatory and compliance advice, corporate taxation, corporate governance and general corporate transactions.
The size of our firm’s corporate transactions team
GFM’s corporate transactions team includes 5 partners and 9 lawyers. The team also has the support of several other lawyers in a broad range of areas as may be required for a particular transaction.
Examples of transactions our firm has undertaken
- Acted for a worldwide leading agrochemical company in its successful sale of the sugar business unit (two sugar mills in the Province of Tucuman, Argentina) for $200m;
- Acted for a leading agrochemical company in its successful local debt financing and restructuring of up to $200m;
- Acted for a leading citrus producer company in its successful insolvency proceeding of up to $25m;
- Acted for a worldwide food trading company and its funders in its successful partial acquisition by a private US fund for $35m;
- Acted for a US private fund in the partial acquisition of a local listed real estate company for $12m;
- Acted for a leading mining services provider company and its funders in its successful partial acquisition by a private US fund for $23m;
- Acted for a LATAM mining company on a multi-party complex group of transaction involving the partial acquisition by, joint venture with, and full acquisition by, a local fund formed by three leading manufacturing companies for $90m. The transactions commenced as hostile but were finally successful after three years of complex negotiations including corporate tax advice, asset sales, corporate reformations, financing rearrangements and shareholding restructures;
- Acted as legal advisor for the Province of Jujuy in the restructuring and sale of the second largest sugar mill in Argentina;
- Acted for the local franchisor of a worldwide leading textile company in the sale of its controlling stake.
- Acted international counsel for several venture capital projects in Seed Rounds and A Rounds.
- Acted for a dry goods manufacturer in the acquisition of a major production facility in Argentina.
- Acted as international counsel for the sale of a gas distribution facility in Perú
- Acted as international counsel for the sale of a chemical production facility in Brazil
- Acted as international counsel for the sale of a chemical production facility in China
- Acted as international counsel for the acquisition of a major outdoor advertising company in LATAM