‹ Back to Directory
200 E. Saint Julian Street
Savannah, Georgia 31401, USA
HunterMaclean is the largest law firm in Georgia outside of Atlanta and one of the oldest firms in the state. The Firm provides legal services in more than 30 practice areas to our clients, which range from start-up companies to publicly-held corporations. The Firm has offices in Savannah and Brunswick, Georgia.
HunterMaclean proudly offers diversified practice groups and specialized business law counsel, providing one convenient, comprehensive source to handle a full range of client needs. Professional excellence, uncompromising integrity and outstanding service have defined HunterMaclean’s mission for more than a century.
The Firm has a long tradition of public service. Partners or former partners have served as Mayor of Savannah, Chairman of the Chatham-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission, Chairman of the Richmond County Planning Commission, members of the Georgia General Assembly, and the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Successfully representing national truck trailer manufacturers, as both national and local counsel, in the defense of conspicuity and side and rear impact product liability claims.
- Successfully resolving hundreds of employment claims and class action suits against a national transportation company by plaintiffs alleging age discrimination in connection with a company-wide reduction in force.
- Successfully resolving hundreds of personal injury suits against manufacturers and distributors in toxic tort cases.
- Representing a developer of Hutchinson Island, a major public-private partnership which includes a hotel/resort and an international trade and convention center.
- Representing a paper corporation in locating and building the world's most advanced recycled tissue mill, a $750 million investment in coastal Georgia.
- Successfully representing a British company against its insurers in a coverage dispute over catastrophic environment damage caused by the explosion of the company's storage tank.
- Representing a large national manufacturing company in the sale of all of the outstanding stock of its parent company for approximately $350 million.
- Acting as bond counsel and hospital counsel in connection with public and private financing of hospital systems' bond financing and refinancing.
- Multiple HunterMaclean practice areas are consistently ranked “first tier” by the Best Lawyers / U.S. News & World Report “Best Law Firms” survey each year.
- HunterMaclean practice areas and attorneys are recognized annually by the international law firm ranking institution, Chambers and Partners.
- More than half of the firm’s partners are listed in Best Lawyers in America, a confidential peer-review survey.
- More than three-quarters of the firm’s partners have received top “AV” ratings from Martindale-Hubbell, recognizing their commitment to legal excellence.
- Each year, Super Lawyers Magazine honors the HunterMaclean Georgia Super Lawyers. The prestigious Georgia Super Lawyers honor is given annually to the top five percent of attorneys in the state, as chosen by their peers and through independent research.
- Georgia Trend magazine regularly honors HunterMaclean attorneys in its annual “Legal Elite” issue.
- HunterMaclean’s younger attorneys have received several “Under 40” awards from different publications in recognition of their outstanding legal service and leadership skills.
- One or more HunterMaclean attorneys are honored each year as a “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America.
- More than three-quarters of all HunterMaclean attorneys serve on the board of directors for a local nonprofit organization, demonstrating the firm’s commitment to serving the community.
- HunterMaclean proudly represents more than a dozen community nonprofit organizations, including Union Mission, Telfair Museums, Junior Achievement, Historic Savannah Foundation, World Trade Center Savannah, Susan G. Komen, and many others.
Business Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Business Transactions, Admiralty, Banking and Finance, Bankruptcy and Workouts, Information Technology and Outsourcing, Transportation & Logistics, Construction, ERISA and Employee Benefits, Employment, Environmental, Education, Government Relations and Zoning, Healthcare, Hospitality, Intellectual Property, Immigration, Taxation, Product Liability, Real Estate, Small Business, and Trusts and Estates