Networking. Information. Coordination. Communication. Key factors for success in the transportation and logistics industries—and the qualities your company requires in your legal representation. Companies nationwide rely on the ALFA International Transportation Practice Group’s network of law firms for all of their legal needs. With ALFA International lawyers in your corner, your business can keep its eye on the road.
The challenges facing the highly regulated and fiercely competitive transportation and logistics industries can make even the most complex road map look simple. To respond effectively to immediate issues and proactively to emerging legislation, businesses need attorneys who are as well-versed in the industry as they are in the law.
As one of ALFA International’s most-seasoned and largest practice groups, the members of the Transportation Practice Group provide comprehensive, effective legal guidance to clients across the United States and Canada. With a high level of coordination and communication across our member firms, the group is the perfect partner for regional and national transportation companies whose vehicles travel the nation—and the world.
The ALFA International Transportation Practice Group offers your company skilled, knowledgeable transportation lawyers in all 50 states and Canada. And our lawyers have experience representing almost every type of common or private carrier, including companies that carry goods and passengers by truck, trailer, bus, rail, plane, and ship. We also serve equipment manufacturers, insurers, and third-party administrators.
Go Team Directory
Night or day, weekday or weekend—whenever and wherever an accident occurs, the Transportation Practice Group's rapid-response GO TEAM directory is available to provide immediate access to legal support for your company. Please click on the link below to access the Go Team Directory. Additionally, please download the Go Team App on your mobile device via the App Store or Google Play icons below.
Go Team Directory »
Areas of focus
- Risk management and insurance
- Commercial disputes
- Property and casualty losses
- Corporate and business law
- Environmental issues and hazardous materials
- Lobbying and government relations
- Driver qualification
- Labor and employment
- Trade association law
- OSHA compliance
- Controlled substances and alcohol testing
- Department of Transportation (DOT) matters
- Litigation, including criminal defense, personal injury, and wrongful death
- Regulatory compliance
The ALFA International Transportation Practice Group is honored to have the following clients contribute to our on-going success:
- Doug Betkowski , AIC, ASLI, PCLA - National Litigation Claims Manager, Mohave Transportation Insurance Company
- Pamela Blass Bracher - Director of Litigation, Risk Management, U.S. Xpress, Inc.
- Judy J. Burckhalter - Director Liability Claims, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Michael Butler - Litigation Counsel, UPS
- Ken C. Crippen - President & CEO, ATTIC, RRG
- Mike Dargel - VP Claims & Risk Management, General Counsel, Melton Truck Lines, Inc.
- Keith Hefley - Liability Claims and Litigation Advisor Risk Management-Legal and Regulatory Affairs, Federal Express Corporation
- David R. Jostad - Senior Vice President, May Trucking Company
- Bryan D. A. Larson - Manager , Casualty Insurance, Leggett & Platt, Incorporated.
- Joe Lewis - Litigation Counsel, YRC WorldwideJim Mullen -- Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Werner Enterprises, Inc.
- Chuck Perry - Director of Corporate Claims, Knight Transportation, Inc.
- William F. (Bill) Tallent, CPCU, ARM, ALCM - Vice President Risk Management, Stevens Transport, Inc
- Greg Weiss - Risk Director, Waste Management Inc.
- Mark E. Wilkey - VP & General Counsel, Central Refrigerated Service, Inc.
- Steve Winborn - Vice President of Operations, Vanliner Insurance Company